OK, everyone, pancakes 2010! We had some delicious pancakes made by Greg at his home in Flint! Tried to make them ourselves, but couldn't repeat the dish. Sarah has made us some yummy pancakes and I copied Grandma Charlie's recipe that was up on a stand in Sarah's kitchen, and we enjoyed making those. Then Greg and Liz made Bob pancakes on father's day - what a treat! But now.....drum roll please.......
There was a pancake eating contest up in the Northwoods and some of our friends who join us at the resort took part in the contest. Pancakes served with fruit of their choice or chocolate chips. They tried really really hard, tried to get on the Wall of Fame.................... so read on and enjoy the pictures!
First we have Jen - and it's her birthday week too. My money was on Jen - she could do it!
Then we have Corey - he chose chocolate chip pancakes - yum, and it proved to be very rich for his taste as he got further into the PILE, but he kept eating.

Calm, cool and collected Matt - now this just doesn't seem fair! Doesn't his pile look taller than the other two? Matt went at the challenge seriously and added syrup to his blueberry pancakes. And then he added more syrup. He was determined!

Did they forget Conor? Yes, we believe they did! Maybe they gave his pancakes to Matt for a double serving?? Anyway, Conor waits patiently.

And then Conor smiles - he can do it! He knows he can - youngest member of the family will show everyone up! Blueberries on top.

And this was so much more fun because of fellow photographer Colleen! She and I were buzzing around, trying to get the best shots of this exciting event, get it down in history, get the contestants to sit in a row properly, and meanwhile, laughing and commiserating on the inside - with each other. Ahhhhhhhh
Calm, cool and collected Matt - now this just doesn't seem fair! Doesn't his pile look taller than the other two? Matt went at the challenge seriously and added syrup to his blueberry pancakes. And then he added more syrup. He was determined!
Did they forget Conor? Yes, we believe they did! Maybe they gave his pancakes to Matt for a double serving?? Anyway, Conor waits patiently.
And then Conor smiles - he can do it! He knows he can - youngest member of the family will show everyone up! Blueberries on top.
And this was so much more fun because of fellow photographer Colleen! She and I were buzzing around, trying to get the best shots of this exciting event, get it down in history, get the contestants to sit in a row properly, and meanwhile, laughing and commiserating on the inside - with each other. Ahhhhhhhh
Well you may ask who won? Who the heck won? Who got their name on the wall of fame? Who? Well, I think we have to wait for another year. All said and done, everyone agreed Matt did the best job, but no one finished. They'll get t-shirts and their pictures on the wall of shame instead. I didn't get photos of any of the onlookers, but this event was enjoyed by all of them. I predict that C.J. or Sammy will master this someday. I also predict that Corey and Jen may not eat pancakes for the rest of the year.
Please share this post with all the contestants - thanks!
Please share this post with all the contestants - thanks!
6 comments:
I just tried calling...no music player popped up or loaded on the side there. it just stayed blank.
FUN POST. I wish I would have driven over. Maybe next year! I hadn't seen the pancakes until today on Colleen and your blogs. HILARIOUS. They were huge.
The music player showed up for me.
i love this post. i'm sad that we didn't stop by too. next year i'm SURE andy and elijah will be up for the challenge. hahahahahahahhah RR
I loved this. Thanks for posting and sharing the pictures. It truly was fun watching wasn't it? Maybe they could fast all day the day before and try again? And again, I'll watch and cheer them on.
I have read and scrolled down and laughed and laughed four times now. Matt was giggling too. The picture of Conor waiting is priceless! I got nervous again just reading it even though obviously I knew how it all turned out! LOVE the blog! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pancake song! HAHAHAH!!!! Good times!
Where O where are the after photos!! I was looking forward to seeing how well everyone did and looked after they tackled their breakfast. Boy those are some pretty BIG pancakes!!! Hugs to all
Hello from a fellow WI blogger. Those pancakes look yummy! My kids like listening to the song Blueberry Pancakes by Francis England.
Post a Comment