So today in church I paused and besides thanking God for everything/everyone in our lives, I decided to pray for Sarah extra hard this week...for their whole family, for Ed and Sarah becoming parents to number 3, and for the new little one getting ready to join the outside world. I said some special Hail Mary's, and prayed for this miracle to arrive safely and without too much physical attention. Then I prayed to St. Dorothy, patron saint of brides, florists and gardeners :-) Then St. Anne as the patron saint of horseback riders, grandmothers, cabinet makers, unmarried women, women in labor and miners. Mass was about to start, but I squeezed in a prayer to St. Barbara, who may not be a saint any longer, for some reason. :-)
Mass began and we were told there would be a baptism today - yes, tiny precious Danielle Marie was baptized while we all watched and participated. Father Dan's sermon today mentioned the word "womb" more than 6 times! I couldn't believe it. I knew then that the entire church was praying for mothers and babies about to be born - and all would be well. It was an amazing moment for me. Father Dan was talking about Elizabeth, Mary's mother, Mary, and about another young mother he was talking to recently who felt her baby kick/move for the first time.
I don't know what it is about Father Dan, or how he does it, but every single Sunday his message touches my heart.
2 comments:
wow! i love this post. so so so interesting and amazing that you pray to all those saints. i know you've said your share of prayers for me and I thank you for all that. RR
Wow. speechless. or typeless.
Thanks for the extra thoughts and prayers.
Feeling a little different tonight. We'll see what the week holds!
Love you!
Post a Comment