Found out that we have a Sally's Beauty Store in LAKE GENEVA over by Target. Did everyone know this except for me?? I drive to Milwaukee or Janesville to hit a Sally's, but no more.
32. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
33. Counting by 7's by Holly Goldberg Sloan (wow, thanks Sharon G. and Maureen C.)
34. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett (enjoyed it lots)
35. A Year By the Sea, Thoughts of an Unfinished Woman by Joan Anderson, non-fiction, recommended by a woman at Music By the Lake. I overheard her talking about "Pull of the Moon" by Elizabeth Berg and I just had to chat with her.
36. The Last Alibi by David Ellis (Book Club pick and a catch the bad guy book).
37. A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin (I enjoyed this fun, nice book)
A few pix from September:
We visited Greg & Liz this month, such fun to see their comfortable new home and neighborhood and just to hang out with them. They served yummy refrigerator pickles during lunch and gave me the recipe, and yes, today I made 3 quarts and 2 pints, while Bob worked all day long. It's a Sunday by the way.Our first Badger game of the season with friends Paul & Betty, in the light rain, but relaxed and a great win of 68 - 17 score. Notice, Paul needs no poncho. Bucky did lots of push ups but we forgot the cherries, maybe a good thing?
Our second Badger game of the season with Gary and Mary, enjoyed the Farmers Market, Pep Rally, a great win and of course the 5th quarter! It was sunny warm day.
Also had a POPCORN weekend! Double buttered from Gary & Mary in a cool Badger can, Steinke's Extreme Cheese popcorn from the Farmer's Market, free bags of popcorn at the pep rally, free popcorn from Chuck's before dinner, and G.H. Cretors' "Chicago Mix" popped corn. Oh, and by the way, I won at Hearts.
And yes, Bob still loves to walk into or out of the game with the tubas.
Black Point Mansion tour and hanging with great friends who love to travel and shop and wine and dine and gab.
OK, so playing Fantasy Football again, 10 of us and hoping a woman wins this year. Also playing Survivor online, but I started off rotten the first week. Loving it all!!!!
Why does this month go by so so fast? Aside from the bees, it's absolutely perfect weather.
1 comment:
I want to try your pickles! Please!! Hahaha about all that popcorn raina
Post a Comment