Sunday, July 01, 2018

Enthusiasm comes my way in funny ways...

This is kind of a strange post because I'm having trouble changing the fonts, etc. of some of my cut and paste "saves", so I decided to let it be as it came to me.  Thoughts that I sometimes to need to read, absorb, and re-read a million times.

"When you're in a dark place, you sometimes tend to think you've been buried.
Perhaps you've been planted.
Bloom."


Meanwhile, May 22nd, I was discharged from Chelsea at Aurora Rehab and no more physical therapy appointments!  Yes!  And it's about exactly 3 months after my surgery.  Tomorrow I see the surgeon (Dr. Nicholas Webber) and he will no doubt also discharge me.  First though I will get an x-ray of my other/left knee just to make sure it's not going to need future work.

Yes, discharged from Dr. Webber.  Left knee does show arthritis and nearing bone on bone, but nowhere near surgery needs.  He gave me a cortisone shot in the left knee to see if it would help, and it has (as of July 1st today) and he prescribed some lotion for my right side sciatica, which he is calling bursitis after pressing a finger in one certain spot on my right hip.  But I disagree and believe it's sciatica. 

Anyway, I've made my first goal of mastering the Steel Bridge Songfest weekend in June and second goal of riding my bike.  Next big goal is walking in New York in October so I will continue to walk around here to help that goal.

Summers are busy crazy times in our lives as we move from one fun activity/adventure to the next.  Also love breathing time at home to re-energize.  Need to see Ellery soon.


"Sometimes feeling tired isn't about how much or how little sleep you are getting. Sometimes it's about being stretched too thin, not feeling respected, feeling lost, or unhappy. Nurturing your soul with things that make you feel good about who you are and taking steps to get to where you want to be in life can make the difference between slugging and skipping through life."

 Image may contain: text

And then here are my books:
21. The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn, had to finish it!!!
22. The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah, one of her best!
23. The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer (I hate to say it, but I do love this 2nd in a series)
24. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.  Greg challenged a couple of grandchildren to read and respond so I decided to read it as well since I'm way behind on YP books.  Unbelievable story...
25. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett.  I chose this book for our "Milwaukee" book club and it was not a favorite of mine.  I believe I do not need to read any more of her books.  Bel Canto was ok.
26. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.  It's a play and I have tickets to see the show in New York in October.  Very excited!
27. Best Kept Secret by Jeffrey Archer.  3rd in the "Clifton Chronicles" series and I love these books.  


Image may contain: text
Image may contain: text

No comments: