2026
I'd like to try to write on here again, not for others really to read, but for me.
I'll see if I can figure it out again. I forgot how to save. It's been a few years.
I always start out a new year with lists ~~ Bucket List, To Do List, To Read List, To communicate with List, To clean List, and To Get together List. Makes me happy to do this, even though I know I won't be successful.
Bob is doing puzzles and I asked him if I could take a photo of each puzzle he makes this winter. He's on #1 right now.
We are both getting over COVID again which started with Bob on 12/27/25 and then I started my symptoms on 12/30/25. He had a worse case than I did, BECAUSE I had the most recent Covid shot and he did not. It reminded us of the pandemic. We were unable to spend New Years with our friends at the house rental in Green Lake. Made me so sad, but we could not dare spread the germs to our great senior friends.
Today I made regular rice in an Instant Pot (thanks Pat & Emma). It worked! We always make Instant Minute Rice, but Bob has been wanting to make regular rice. So this pot is going to be great for that. But where should we store it? I KNOW! On a shelf in the queen guest room. Grand kids are bigger now and toys on that shelf can go in a bin in the basement and wait for their visits. Yay!
In a minute I'm going to publish this and see if it works.
Made enchiladas for supper tonight, for the first time. I used the recipe on the can of Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce.
1 lb ground beef
2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso enchilada sauce (any variety)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (6 oz)
1 package (8.2 oz) 6" flour tortillas
Heat oven to 375. Lightly grease 9 x 13 glass baking dish. I skillet, cook beef over medium high heat (I asdded chopped onions), stirring until thoroughly cooked; drain. STIR in 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce and 1 cup of the cheese.
Spread a small amount of extra enchilada sauce in pan. Spoon enchilada filling onto tortillas, add a little more cheese, and roll up. Place seam sides down in baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot.
Maybe I'll return and let you know how we like them.
OK, I'm going to publish and see if it works.
1 comment:
Hey! Great to hear your voice on the blog again. Definitely write just for yourself. That's the best way to get started :)
Post a Comment