Sunday, June 01, 2008

Over 61


Ok, so, life goes on. From 60 to 61 I felt absolutely awesome. But now....my spirit is in a funk. Life is good and I'm very thankful for more than I could ever mention. But my body, oh yes, the old bones, skin and insides are creaking in ways I want to refuse to accept. I can still kick high but I can't kneel on my right knee. I want to walk for miles and miles, but I can't without repurcussions. I think I can still bike and I'll be adding miles to my sprints to increase stamina of the rear end. Today I challenged Bob to bike to and from work once this summer (11 miles) and I said I'd do it too (10 miles). Let's see if this challenge goes by the wayside like so many other things. Received a note from Aunt Nancy this week and her words: "Do what you can now. It gets tough in the 70's." Charley took this photo of me at the playground - I can still play!

No comments: