Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Fallout

Hi Dion, Kathy, Matt, Colleen, Andy & Raina:
fallout: a secondary and often lingering effect, result, or set of consequences
So...I still have wine glasses to hand wash, and the game stuff to put away, but otherwise your physical presence here is starting to fade :-<>
Dion, honestly, thanks for playing the "dictionary" game! It's so much fun when you play. Kathy, thanks for the chex party mix, and I hope I didn't hurt your feelings when I said we were going to 'spike' it with nuts -- as you saw, we were all eating and enjoying it to the max. Thanks also both of you for staying in the cold motel - I may venture there tomorrow or Friday and stop in for a chat with whoever's at the desk, we'll see. Let us know if your letter gets a reply.
Matt, you were such a good sport to come quietly into our house and willingly play our goofy games -- but then do extremely well at them while you were at it. Prizes you two! Colleen is a very lucky lady to have you. Colleen, thanks for the yummy breakfast breads and for being so comfortable at our house. I'm so proud of you (as a Godmother I can forever brag ... ) and I respect your opinions and notice your intuitiveness and great giggle too (don't ever lose that giggle). Thanks for the tip on rewarding myself for any paper workouts I accomplish.
Andy, thanks for all of your help always in the kitchen and bar and game area. Yes, you are the current champ at Hearts, no denying it, but there will be rematches galore. Raina, what can I say, without you it wouldn't have been any fun. You are the greatest assistant in the kitchen, most understanding about my hostess worries, and best roulette dealer that I personally know. I'm glad you had a bed this visit!
OK, thanks again to you all. I loved every single minute of it! Kathy, we can discuss possible weekends for our by invitation only dinner party -- think about it!
Love, Barb (& Bob too of course!)

No comments: