...More Family Memories
- "Remember Lilith Fair!" Sarah
- "Mom remember the binoculars fiasco? American Idol! Constantine, Bucky, etc...." Raina
- "Sledding in Des Plaines on the orange toboggan" Greg
- "Remember going to the hotels with people like the Kendricks and Glatzels .... and eating the big brunches with magicians." Sarah
- "Mom, remember when I missed $500 from BINGO in the Dells with Sarah?" Raina
- "Milkshake when I had my wisdom teeth pulled." Greg
- "Remember when I picked Grandma Schneider to be my confirmation sponsor and she taught me to make donuts." Sarah
- "Mom-remember when you took pictures for the Jackson yearbook? You never favored us but always made sure we were allll in a picture. That was awesome and hope you got to fulfill one of your dreams of being a photographer even if for a little while." Raina
- "Planting a pear tree in Des Plaines." Greg
And now for something completely different. In the summer of 2007, my friend Sharon G. and I promised each other that we would start keeping a list of special memories we have of our kids, just anything that comes to mind -- good and bad. So here I shall list a few of them and these are "Mom's Memories ~~~ Special things I remember about the kids, in no particular order…"
- When Sarah thanked me at bedtime for something we did that day.
- When Greg wore the Superman cape and thought he could jump/fly off the front porch in Des Plaines.
- When Raina trusted me so much that she knew I would NEVER lie to her about Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.
- When Sarah sat in the lifeguard chair at Camp Y-Koda.
- When Greg went to State for high school swimming and tears came to my eyes as I sat in the bleachers.
- When Raina and Jenny played tennis against North High in the Sports Core, and they played their hearts out.
- .....more
- When I saw Sarah in front of her classroom of students in Tomah.
- When Greg earned and became an Eagle Scout.
- When Raina played varsity soccer for UW Stout.
- Whenever Sarah's personality seemed to change after a new hair cut.
- When Greg hid under the table in Grandma Dort's basement so he could read.
- When Raina peeked out the bathroom window in Sheboygan at the bonfire friends of her siblings.
1 comment:
I love reading all the memory things. Makes me happy everyday that you put some on here. Thanks!
Post a Comment