Today I planted a couple of flower bulbs, moved a plant, fed the indoor plants and felt the dirt underneath my fingernails while the birds chirped .... I was home alone while Bob fished with Al for opening day - half a day on Geneva Lake and the other half on Delavan Lake. It was pleasant-does that sound boring? I mean it was really pleasant. Met the guys for lunch at Chuck's for a sandwich, took a bunch of papers (yes Colleen!!!!) to be shredded at an annual free shredding event at a bank, and hit a couple of garage sales. It's spring, it really is, and no matter how down in the dumps a person is, spring puts a bounce in our steps. We have these wonderful yellow flowers that come up every year and give us a smile. Once they die and the green leaves start to look drab, Bob just mows them down and it blends in with our lawn on the West side of the house. Crazy fun spring....and the birds are still chirping! The grass never looked so green, the sky so blue, the water so clean ... invigorating wherever I look. The smell of grills firing up, leaves burning, fresh mowed lawns, the fragrance of new flowers ... even more invigorating whenever the scents float past~~~~
Saturday, May 02, 2009
is it Spring?
Today I planted a couple of flower bulbs, moved a plant, fed the indoor plants and felt the dirt underneath my fingernails while the birds chirped .... I was home alone while Bob fished with Al for opening day - half a day on Geneva Lake and the other half on Delavan Lake. It was pleasant-does that sound boring? I mean it was really pleasant. Met the guys for lunch at Chuck's for a sandwich, took a bunch of papers (yes Colleen!!!!) to be shredded at an annual free shredding event at a bank, and hit a couple of garage sales. It's spring, it really is, and no matter how down in the dumps a person is, spring puts a bounce in our steps. We have these wonderful yellow flowers that come up every year and give us a smile. Once they die and the green leaves start to look drab, Bob just mows them down and it blends in with our lawn on the West side of the house. Crazy fun spring....and the birds are still chirping! The grass never looked so green, the sky so blue, the water so clean ... invigorating wherever I look. The smell of grills firing up, leaves burning, fresh mowed lawns, the fragrance of new flowers ... even more invigorating whenever the scents float past~~~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great picture mom! Glad you enjoyed the quiet day...with no daughters freaking out because you didn't answer the phone :)
Hope the guys caught something. Ed caught a few brook trout.
Happy Spring!
Post a Comment