Thursday, June 04, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend 2009


Where to begin??? Sarah and the boys arrived in Williams Bay when I was returning home from work so we met at the town park/playground. When Charley spotted me, he said "Grandma" and ran to me. I dropped my purse and camera and knelt down with open arms - what a joy! Henry peeked at me from under his hat, smirked and I knew he remembered me. Sarah looked awesome with her fresh short hair cut. OK, so I was in heaven.

~~Henry with his 'going to grandma's' suitcase. Inside, his favorite 2 books.

We played inside, out, in the sand at the beach, in the red Miata and on the porch. Some went grocery shopping at Sentry where the small carts are, took naps, went fishing, went to Skip's, and Sarah got to go shopping by herself for a whirlwind afternoon. Went to garage sales and then threw together a one-day sale at our house. Aunt Raina arrived with junior on board and helped us. Crazy and fun and stressful all in one. Raina bunked in with Charley and listened to his little boy deep breathing. During the garage sale we had some visitors we had not seen in a long time: Gary, Mary, Gerald, Marydonna and Grandpa Schneider. What a treat to see them all and have supper with them too. They didn't buy a single thing at the sale. It's time for all of us to get rid of our stuff.



Lots of fun in the red Miata - Charley played in there for hours! Then Henry wanted part of the action.

















Henry met a friend at a garage sale and took her hand on his own.








Aunt Raina and Henry bonding and showing where their belly buttons are located. Garage sale in progress and no we didn't sell the sofa yet.



OK, so I'm not great at laying this all out, but I'm learning. They look all perfectly centered when I preview this blog, but then ... ooops. Here are some more photos from our great weekend!


4 Grandpa Schneiders






OK, I hope the pictures put some things into words. We weren't all here, missed Greg, Ed, and Andy - it's hard to get everyone home at the same time, but they were all in our thoughts, hearts and words. There was some adult fun too - margaritas, wine, heart-to-hearts with mom, and Sarah, Raina & I played Monopoly. Bob was busy getting some odd jobs done around here because I was having a surprise party for some gals at work the next week AND he was getting ready for a fishing trip up to the Turtle-Flambeau-Flowage area near Mercer - a well deserved get-away from work! The beat goes on and more summer fun is ahead. I'm trading office spots with a co-worker next week and am worried about the temperature in that room, so wish me coolness. Life is good........

1 comment:

Hannah Rose said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Thanks for trying to sell my stuff too.

I'm so glad to have you in our office now. :)