Thursday, June 11, 2009

Taking a moment to count some of my own blessings~~~
Someone found my gas credit card on the ground yesterday, called me and I picked it up from him today - a nice gay guy who lives in our town and I was so appreciative for the good neighbor in the Bay.
I'm very lucky to have a husband who will do fun things with me ... most of the time. When I think of many other couples, I realize how sad it is that they may not do many things together - no matter what things they could be.
How special it is to be able to read our kids' blogs and feel and hear their thoughts and see their photos. Sharing in their lives without bugging them is a treasure. At least I hope we don't bug them!
We like living in a fun small town, in a level home, quiet & safe neighborhood, within driving of so many of our friends.
I enjoy my job most of the time, my co-workers most of the time, my boss all of the time, but I wish I didn't have to change offices - however, CHANGE IS GOOD and it made me clean out my stuff which my co-workers complain about - the fact that I have too much that is.
For some reason I'm more than loving the land and flowers around us this year, taking pictures, transplanting, trying veggies in a pot - thinking green and lush thoughts.
I love that there are always more and more books out there to read.
Well, I'm off on a bike ride - how lucky to be 62 and enjoy riding my bike - "imagine that!"

1 comment:

Colleen said...

What a wonderful blog! Glad you had so many things to be thankful for! Made me smile!