Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Boston - from my camera's point of view

Words, words, words - I have too many so I will start by letting photos describe my
Boston adventure.


Trinity Church was awe-inspiring inside, said some prayers for my niece in this special place as the organ started to play.

Outside Trinity Church, facing the Boston Publilc Library (I think?) where we went inside and wandered around.
I'll leave this to your imagination but it made the three of us smile on our first hungry night.

We are on vacation, away from it all, distracted totally, in the "lounge" at the Sheraton.

The ceiling in Quincy Market where underneath many people enjoy feasts of all sorts.

Top & bottom, Quincy Market -- a fascinating place full of vendors selling food items of all sorts. It felt like we could walk a mile and still be surrounded by bagel pizzas, cupcakes, chowder and more....



Below is where I had lunch by myself, sitting at the "oyster bar" while it rained outside. I was in heaven.




A dumb waiter that was being used during the entire lunch.






My lunch at Union Oyster House - so much fun, it was amazing.


The Freedom Trail / Red Line, on a non-stop rainy day.

View of Boston skyline from the Salem Ferry. [Too choppy for me :-(]

Fried dough in Salem, Ma. Made fresh, sprinkled liberally with powdered sugar and then get it all over your jacket and face, delicious.

We sort of wanted to buy one of these hats, but realized we'd never ever wear it.

Being tourists was on our itinerary.

Velcro anyone? A day without a shoe untied is a day without Anna.

My favorite photo of the trip - on the Subway with friends.

What a view...

Our view from the 29th floor as we ate breakfast.

Boston residences

Rubbing the lucky golden shoe of Mr. John Harvard - or is it someone else?

Study group areas - Harvard Square

We hit the Starbucks across from Harvard and it hit the spot.
Our last photo - saw way too many of these donut shops in Boston.


Ok, back to those words, words, words ~~~ well, they'll be coming but would bore most of you, so you'll have to wait. Just listing some topics here so that I don't forget when I return to edit this: Taxis, coffee yogurt, Shaws, 5 Napkin Burger, shuttle adventure, yoga, Copley, Salem, queasy ferry ride, Newbury Street, concierge, Nertz, comparing head lamps in a dark motel room, Blue Man Group, Top of the Hub, Coach store & Boston Rob discussion, Fantasy Football discussion at Security, the Sheraton Hotel itself, Running the Wharf, Wrong floor, wrong room, Skinny menu, subway transit system....and more if I can remember.

5 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

i am so happy that you have such fun friends to steal away to new places and explore. Treasure friends make life so grand. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Colleen said...

Love that you are smiling so big in the pictures and I can only imagine even bigger as you put down your memories. Looks like SUCH a fun time!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Not related to the post-but THANKS for the book. Reading it now. Came at a perfect time. Making me giggle---exactly what I needed.

Raina and Andy said...

i'm ready for a trip like this with you-please plan it and let me know when and where? where were your fellow travelers while you were at the oyster bar? i love all the shots. amazing. i hope to visit Boston sometime. RR

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! You captured many of the trip's highlights. Looks like food is important to us. haha Next time I hope we can squeeze in more games! AN

Anonymous said...

Something to add to your list - headlamps! AN