I insist that my summer isn’t over yet!
Bob and I need to go for another boat ride on Geneva Lake, take a free
tourist boat ride too, enjoy Bash on the Bayou on Lake Como, go to Chuck’s, eat
corn on the cob, and more…His entire August was spent working in Texas, so his
summer was cut short. Meanwhile, I’m finding
ear plugs in all of Bob's jeans and shorts from the long lasting Texas job -
must be noisy there!
Camped at Bluemound State Park and enjoyed every single little moment. Pork roast in cast iron pot over the fire for supper, yum.
Greg & Liz had the most amazing wedding ever! I want to relive the entire weekend.
Enjoyed visiting with California relation who came in their RV...Schneider Family Picnic...
Yes, went to the Zoo too...Survivor of course...up North at the cottage...babysitting for Eli and Hugh...West Allis Farmer's Market where I smiled for the first entire half hour while walking around...
Jimmy Buffett with good friends, smiling lots, sweating more, beach balls
flying on the hill, great music, cheeseburgers in paradise, and hot dogs at end
the night when we met up with a good friend who found us by our pineapple flag :-)
The Walworth County Fair - eats galore, cream puff was my first favorite,
rib eye sandwich 2nd. Didn't win any ribbons on my knitting needle
cushion, but think I should have received a Merit Badge (they are pink) just
for creativity. I will put a picture of it here~~~so you can get your laugh
of the day. Water gun game, ferris wheel
ride, listening to REO Speedwagon on a beautiful night with an almost full moon
smiling at us. Heard some fancier
dressed folks walk into the Methodist Church home cooked food building say “now
this is Americana”. Wonder who they
were, asked some staff, but they didn’t know.
However they were served and waited on, unlike the rest of us who went
through the line with our trays. Bought
3 goofy Fair items which I hope I really use/display.
First annual grandchildren visit "THE BAY" for the beach and
Skip's for lunch, hope they return next summer. Superman ice cream was enjoyed by 3 grandsons,
who couldn't describe the taste, but it brought smiles.
Time for Lake Puckaway with friends, first Packer game of the season, maybe
a Badger game when we visit our niece in Madison, bus trip to Chicago and more…slow down summer!
Old summer memories~~~kool-aid, cinnamon toast, forts, playing cowboys and Indians,
climbing trees, swinging high, going to Cedar Lake, going to Lake Michigan near
Lake Forest, Adler Pool, “Railroad Salvage”, walking to Mason’s Drug Store for
10 cent flavored cokes at the counter, walking to the library, the Dorfler/Wagner
picnic with a mountain of prizes and fun games galore.
What are some of your favorite old summer memories?

1 comment:
Love that you wrote annual next to beach outing. So special.
My favorite summer memories of course the cottage, fried chicken at the dormer/Kilroy summer picnic with games and prizes, corn on the cob and burgers on the deck in Sheboygan, biking to church at the state park or riding the waves in lake Michigan. Finding out my teacher for the next school year. Tennis. Swimming. Softball. Sleepovers. Biking. Neighborhood kickball with the boys. The smell of Janewood lane!
Great post!
Rr
Post a Comment