Turkey Sloppy Joes
1 pkg (20.8 oz) ground turkey
1 medium onion,finely chopped
1 rib celery, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 hamburger buns
In slow cooker, stir together ALL ingredients except salt. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours, stirring turkey mixture halfway through cooking time. Stir in salt, spoon on buns.
RESULTS: I enjoyed them but Bob said they needed to be spicier, pepper or add some BBQ sauce.
=======
Last week I made a pizza from scratch. OK, I've done this before, but I never made the Pioneer Woman's crust recipe, which is GREAT! But again, the pizza wasn't perfect, just not enough flavor Bob said. It needed oregano or Italian spices. So I shall try again. I used great cheese and Italian sausage from Gooseberries and fresh mushrooms, but, well, will I ever learn to cook?
Stay tuned for the next new recipes coming soon.
1 comment:
so my question is....are the turkey sloppy joes any different from regular besides using ground turkey?
are you ok with dad's constructive criticism?
homemade pizza is an art. so play around with seasonings etc! good job with all the cooking from scratch. arent you glad i'm not at your feet jumping up and down asking if you'll play with me? RR
Post a Comment