Friday, February 07, 2014

"52" in 2014

Sarah is doing 365, inspiring me to try 52.
My challenge to myself is to read at least 52 books this year and to share 52 of my photos on Facebook.

Books read so far:
  1. The Circle by Dave Eggers (unbelievable but possible, held my interest) 
  2. Wonder by R. J. Palacio (YP book, loved it, felt every emotion possible, blue cover)
  3. The Good Dream by Donna VanLiere (Listened to this one and loved every word - would recommend this one!) 
  4. Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman (Whodunit)
  5. The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin (Very good, surprised me to learn about the Mr. & Mrs. Lindberg)
  6. The  Piano Tuner by Daniel Mason (A Racy Reader's Book Club choice, 1st half a hard read, 2nd half interesting - would not recommend this one)

Reading right now:  (Yes, just like my Aunt Ellie, I can have 3 books going at one time)

Drop City by T.C. Boyle (from 1001 books to read before I die)
The Other Typist by  Suzanne Rindell (a free book from a new author)
Step Ball Change by Jeanne Ray (seems like a fun one, taking with me to Jamaica)

I better get going, I'm behind, or am I?

1 comment:

gschneider said...

On track! I never know what week of the year it is, so here's a link:
http://whatweekisit.com/

Liz and I just finished Wonder as well. Good book that we thought taught some really important lessons to kids. I wondered when Charley might be ready for it.

How many books can you finish on your trip?! Need anything for the iPad so you don't have to lug too much around? Of course, the iPad doesn't work well on the beach...