Happy Easter Everyone!
Took a long walk in the neighborhood, saw someone ahead dressed all in pink, was it a rich lady in a pink jogging suit, or? It was "or"! A young lady, in pink pajamas, suede boots, walking her CAT on a leash.
Had a diet coke one day last week, first one at work this year. Gave me a stinging spark to get through the afternoon, but I don't need to do that every day.
Went to Mayfair, parked by Boston Store, and 2 geese were walking in the parking lot for quite awhile. Another lady and I stopped to watch them, they didn't give a darn about us. When they flew away, I thought of my friend Sharon L. from Sheboygan who tried to teach me to love this sight.
Hugh calls me "Ga" clear as a bell, like the beginning of the word garage or God. I love it! He says it over and over to get my attention and then tries to/or does tell me something.
Left eye injection monthly, then home to"nap it off". Who would have ever predicted such a thing?
One of my new quotes in life...
"Sometimes we have to take what we get with each other."
More books:
14. Still Life With Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen (slowwwww moving but I loved the ending, it was a real ending)
15. Rough Country by John Sandford (a book a year by Sandford always provides a great escape)
16. Step Ball Change by Jeanne Ray (a fun read for some crazy smiles)
17. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty (recommended by Kathy L. at work) A slow start but gains momentum and then I loved it.
More Easter pictures:
No egg hunt in the Village, but we found a "cute park".
Greg, Liz and Fox prepared Easter dinner.
Pat & Emma brought the cocktail - New Orleans' Pim's #1 - see below.
It was a "flavor explosion" - delicious!
Hugh and Eli enjoying bath time.
There was time for egg hunts inside and out, attempts at kite flying, games of Hearts, Truth Be Told, and another game that brought up discussions galore among us all. Played catch at the local playground, guessed how much money was inside a plastic egg (Pat won $15.00), ate omelets made to order by Raina, and some of us listened to lectures (had to say that). It was such a great weekend and Fox left his collar at our house while Raina left her 2014 calendar, ooops. At least I found no socks like I do after the Wroblewski clan have been here haha. Thanks kids for coming and hanging out and playing and eating and cooking and drinking and laughing with us all! It's so good for the soul and the heart.
2 comments:
Bah! No socks! Cracked me up!
"Cute park" haha. Sad that Hugh's "ga" phase already over! Easter was great.
Post a Comment