Saturday, November 07, 2015
Long Overdue - written in September 2015, not posted until November 2015
WAY overdue. It's been hard lately. So I shall just ramble as that's all I can manage to honestly (without lying) accomplish these days.
Found out Bob wished supper was ready THE MINUTE he walked in the door from work, all these years. So he had to wait sometimes, especially on days when I worked and didn't arrive home until 5:15 pm. Makes me want to cry as I know for sure we always had supper by at least 45 minutes after he arrived home and on days when I did not work, it truly was ready within 10 minutes of his arrival.
I made his lunch every day while he worked up to 98% of the time, honestly, for 45 years. No more...no more sandwiches, fruit or raw veggie crunchy something and a granola bar. No more.
He has retired. Granted, I was home in a cast the minute he retired, so he has yet to feel the full power and joy of retirement. Also it came on suddenly, so our ducks are not in a row yet. I fear we will never eat steak again, never go to Paris, let alone the Grand Canyon, out West, or anywhere, never do many things. Again, ooops another tear dropped. He has lost track of what day it is (the wonder of retirement does that to a person, which is very fun) and he has to be reminded each mid-week and ask what is going on the coming weekend. He has gone fishing with friends. He has worked in the yard, when he felt like it, and he has gone for long walks, which he is loving, and he has lost weight too!
He has been menu planning, grocery shopping and cooking. He has been an excellent chauffeur for me and I couldn't be more thankful. He has carried the walker to different locations in the house for me, and traveled a ways to pick up a 2nd walker to make life easier for me. He has brought me things a million times and he has learned to make coffee and does the laundry.
OK, this entire blog will be a downer. Maybe if I get it all out of my system, then my next blog will be upbeat.
We can't get our iPhone calendars to sync no matter what we try. Geesh We now have an appointment set up for next week at an Apple store to discuss this and get help. Of course neither one of us understand the iCloud process either.
Saving now and more later, maybe. I haven't been reading much :-(
39. The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow (loved this one, a nice read, kind of predictable tho)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would say you went above and beyond with both the dinners and the lunches! Ed gets neither most days :( Bit flop over here.
Post a Comment