Sunday, December 27, 2015

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays too

It's Christmas Day.  Just went for a walk with Bailee and our neighborhood is quiet.  It must have been party time last night instead of 7:15 this morning.  Bob and I went to Mass last night for 2 hours.  Relaxed, listened to the early choir and took it all in.  It was very nice, with extra time to pray.  We celebrated with all of our family LAST weekend and I can't even begin to say how wonderful that was. 

This was the year of Double Twelve DOMINOES with our friends.  Learned to play dominoes correctly for the first time in our long lives.  Never thought I'd like the game, but it's addicting and of course we have a friend who added money to make the game more interesting (thank you Bill Malek, what would we do without you and you should patent this idea!)  We all have money containers, poker bags, or whatever you want to call them.  They go with us to most of our get-togethers.  Anyway...I received a set of Dominoes from Liz for Christmas, she had my name.  Also other wonderful gifts, like a Packer beach towel, beautiful earrings, a small red berry colander and a lightweight backpack for trekking or as my purse on the plane.  Thank you Liz!

Well, now it's the 26th and I just ran to Kohls for 50-70% off Christmas items.  Needed gift bags and stick on to/from tags.  Success!  Then over to Walmart  for some long needed minor items.  Ran into 2 people I knew - Tracey's son Christopher who was so nice to say hello to me in the pet row as I was pondering some treats for Bailee.  Then in the checkout row a retired lady who used to work at the hospital said hello and it was great to see her - hugs.  Turns out she has 59 grandchildren, what?  Did I hear that right?  I don't know and am doubting myself now.  Will check on this at work on Monday just to verify it.  Amazing if so.  Stay tuned.  Turns out that it's not so bad going to Walmart after all.

43. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (loved this book from beginning to end although a sad story - one of my favorites of 2015!!)

And these two books are both 3/4 finished, and I promise they'll be legally on this list by the end of the year:

44. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (Too many books, too little time, so far behind)

45. Thirteen Reasons by Jay Asher (spellbinding, kind of like a Podcast)

That's it, no more books this year.  Didn't make my goal of 52.  Oh well, "there's always next year" as the Cub's fans say EVERY year.

No comments: