Thursday, August 31, 2017

Summer, summer, summer....it goes too fast

We move from one extremely fun social adventure to the next.  There's hardly time to savor each one because it seems we feel we must squeeze so much in.  Why?  I keep asking Bob "what can we give up?" and there's nothing yet.  We just sort of moan on Mondays and sometimes other days of the week also, as we reinvigorate.

New in 2017:  A Cubs game at Wrigley Field on a gorgeous day; Blues Fest in Aurora, Illinois and a visit to Cheryl's Art Studio; Bob enjoyed the paddle boat trip with 20+ friends on the Milwaukee River.

I've come to accept being retired and my work nightmares have almost disappeared.  I feel restful and finally like I have a little time on my hands.  I keep biking, and cleaning, and absolutely loved getting ready for overnight guests because I had time to do it!

My Aunt Ellie is probably smiling from above because I have 3 books going at once, by all means.  Hardcover, CD's in the car and on a boom box, and Audible from my iPhone or iPad.  It's wonderful, although I'm still behind on my desired count for the year.

In church one Sunday there was this nice looking lady, tan, long blond hair, medium high sandals, and a sundress with white background and medium size red flowers, and her toes were painted the same color red - she looked so awesome!

While biking I came upon a huge number of geese on both sides of the road.  Didn't know what they'd do to me, but it was nothing, they just moved along.

Making pickles and eating corn and zucchini these days.  Bought some camping gear UGH which Bob said we needed for our 5 day trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes coming up soon.  A deflatable water jug, new hot plate, 2 tubs to wash dishes, etc. etc.  I hate acquiring these items at our age.

Crosby just turned 2.  He says Gampa, Gam, ball, E (for Eli), U (for Hugh), Mom (over and over again very clear), DaDa, ball and "chhh" for Ranch dressing.  I love it.  He can bounce a ball almost better than an adult.

...time went by before posting this...

Camping in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park was awesome with friends and the motel nights before and after were fun for Bob and I also!  We are good at searching out good restaurants on water, live music, bike trails and beaches.  More camping to come ... I fear ... or I look forward to.

Saw Elizabeth Berg in person with Sheboygan friends, and inhaled that experience.  It's almost football season, Fantasy workouts, red Badger games, and TV Packer games to escape into.  I should just post this now and be done with it.  Over and out in August.

22. The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (dragged on and on)
23. The Girl Who Wrote In Silk by Kelli, Estes
24. The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory (always fun to read one of her books)
25. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
26. Daisy in Chains by Sharon Bolton
27. The Good Divide by Kali Vanbaale
28. Do Not Become Alarmed by Maile Melody

No comments: