Friday, March 30, 2018

February and Marching on...

Just home from an all-inclusive vacation in Punta Cana, Bavaro, at Ocean Blue & Sand Resort.  There were 13 of us and it was 90% great, except for the end at the airport where the stress got to me.  All turned out ok, so that's the main thing, and I think the wonderful days will mask that day in our memories.


Meeting for cocktails before dinner.


My favorites of the trip:  sitting at one restaurant for lunch right on the beach and watching the gorgeous different blue hues and waves; easy over eggs in the morning; mimosa's; their champagne; friends everywhere; walking the beach; bargaining with the Glatzels at shops along the beach; and especially the bike ride/tour into town with a group; oh and delicious duck and lamb at the buffet.


Next adventure is the Roeder family moves into our house for awhile.  They sold their home and will be looking for a new one in a different location.  Excitement is in the air especially when all the germs of this winter blow away in the wind.

Then I get my right knee replacement surgery, and I'm hoping for the best, and especially to be a good patient afterward, promising to do my PT as scheduled and not whine about pain too much.

12. The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan (read in Punta Cana and on the plane, a nice gentle book with several dog eared corners where I want to remember another book title or something).
14. The Good Daughters by Joyce Maynard (Book Babes selection).
15.  Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan (Italian fiction viewpoint during Hitler and Mussolini regimes.)  Sad story, but good book.

Happy Easter and April Fools Day on Sunday.

4/21/18 -- oops, this post has been in draft since the end of March, sorry I never published it.

No comments: