Sunday, March 03, 2019

Birthday, Valentine's Day, 49th Anniversary ... Busy month

We went to Chuck's for Valentine's Day.

For my birthday, we stopped in at the
beginning of Hugh's 7-year old at
home birthday party.  10 other 7 year
old boy classmates and one girl.  It
was thrilling to see and so much crazy
fun.  Kudos to Andy and Raina for
gifting Hugh such a great experience
and memory.  After that Bob and I went
to Studio Winery for music and wine.
Then on to Anthony's for dinner (as Bob
said, "to get it over with" because I'd
been begging for a long time to go there).

For our anniversary we'd been celebrating
for days, Kewaunee all-inclusive extended
stay weekend, Romey's, toasting at Cruise
Inn, Mars and Stefana's.
Still Toasting
Leonard (Spike Kelroy) Dorothy/Dort (Dorfler) Kelroy, Me, Bob, LaVerne (Jacoby) Schneider and Michael Schneider.
Lee, Mary, Virginia, Carolyn, Pat, Barb, Bob, Paul, Richard, Eric and Tom.
I loved my dress and the girls dark green velvet dresses.


11. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (wonderful story, well written, long)
12. The Alice Network by Kate Quinn.  (I loved this book so much, could hardly put it down and took it with me everywhere I went.  Great writing and story.)
13. A Step of Faith by Richard Paul Evans (and "the walk" continues...)

Going to give this sloppy Joe recipe from Colleen Roeder a try, still working on the perfect one for us.

Barbecues

1 lb. lean hamburger
1 can Campbell’s Chicken Gumbo Soup
2 Tbs. Ketchup
2 tsp. Mustard
1 Tbs. Brown sugar
1 Tbs. Vinegar
Combine and simmer until the thickness you like.

 Image may contain: text that says 'One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain.'

No comments: