14. Harriet Tubman by Robin S. Doak (yes a "Junior" book, but I'd never heard of Harriet Tubman and her Civil War experiences).
15. My Grandmother asked me to tell you she's sorry by Fredrik Backman (Book Babes' choice - a fun read about life and imagination.)
16. Killer by Nature (Audible original with sound affects) by Katherine Kelly & Rob James-Collier
17. Walking on Water by Richard Paul Evans (final in the series and I love how this guy writes as it makes me think about life so much).
18.The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (very interesting "what happened and who did it").
19.
Bob and I both enjoy St. Patrick's Day and the first song we danced to at our wedding was titled: When Irish Eyes Were Smiling. Our bridesmaids' dresses were the most beautiful green velvet ~~ at least I thought so.
After the kids were out of the house, we started going out on St. Pat's Day to fun places where they served green beer and corned beef sandwiches. Very fun. Our kids joined us once in awhile and jolly times were had. This year we plan to go to Brennan's in Sheboygan with friends. Hopefully no one will recognize us.

When the kids were young in Sheboygan, I always made as many green food items as possible on St. Pat's Day, from scrambled eggs to mashed potatoes and green milk. Frowns were abound when it was time to eat, but I never stopped. I guess I have some Irish in me after all, but no way will I ever drink a Guinness beer.
I went by myself to the Oscar winning movie Green Book on Saturday while Bob sat home all day watching a 12 hour car race. It was a gorgeous day and I walked around Lake Geneva for awhile before the movie and had a Chicago style hot dog at a new spot downtown. The movie was awesome.
Game weekend at our house with our whole family. March Madness big weekend going on for Andy, Ellery walking around like a big kid and loving the pan cupboard. Eli winning for playing most games this year for the kids, Henry second. Barb winning for most games for adults and Sarah & Charley tied for second. Favorite game for Eli was basketball against the dads at the park. Hugh is amazing at Apples to Apples for Kids and Crosby a leader at the Disney Find It game and is the most polite of all. Charley quiet, but playing nonetheless and was in the adult competition this year. Sydney keeping up with the boys and loving Grandma's corn souffle and orange jello. Henry loves running around playing outside especially if there's leftover pizza in a container on the porch. Bob took over as hike leader in the afternoon (with candy in his pocket for troopers Hugh and Syd) and taking Ellery for a stroller ride so Greg & Liz could eat dinner with the rest of the gang. Liz gave Bob advice on expanding/redesigning our garden. Greg fixed Barb's problem on Apple TV. Raina, Barb, Ed and Andy hung in there playing games until the end this year, getting silly and eating sandwiches and chips and pecan sandy torte to get us through the night. Raina keeping us all in line when needed most and sadly still smiling throughout as we digest wonderful food items that she can't eat. Sarah had a kinked neck after her firsts night's sleep here, so she walked around crooked on Saturday, but it didn't stop her from having fun anyway. Liz and Greg made a yummy lunch, Raina and Andy made a delicious breakfast, and Sarah and Ed made breakfast the first morning with bagels and hard boiled eggs and fruit that everyone loved. Ed fixed a bathroom sink problem and he and Andy are our bartenders when needed most. The adults all wanted Ellery to like them 💚 most, but he's a very busy guy.
Ellery cooking with the pans
Roulette
My team is "Edge of Extinction" in 1st place just for awhile
No comments:
Post a Comment