Thursday, September 17, 2020

Grandchildren...August 20, 2020 and continuing on...


So there you have it!  We probably all cook and serve them the wrong way, but hey, there's nothing like a Johnsonville Bratwurst, forever...I had to develop a taste for them after we were married.  Then especially, when we moved to Sheboygan, and darned if they don't have a Bat Fry somewhere outside YEAR AROUND. 

Trying Randy's brine above.
Pickled beets from our garden, using Grandma Laverne's recipe, via Virginia.

Salsa.
Bob's watermelon plant at the garden plot, still growing.  It has seeds, but was delicious.
Can you see the cantaloupe?  They are/were amazingly delicious.
Refrigerator Pickles.
Waiting on the porch, and many yet to pick in the garden plot.  Delicious!

 

The Doorway Effect - Phenomenon 

Greg mentioned it to me this week, so I researched.  Yep, it's what happens to me every single day, I forget what I was going to get or do, and we have lots of doors or doorways in our home.

 

Well this is what I get for asking Sydney some questions via snail mail.  She responds with questions for me.  These were at Uncle Greg, Aunt Liz, and Syd's parents' prompting, except I was told that Sydney thought of the very first question herself. 

Who is your favorite grand child?

Charley is my favorite because he is my first and he always loves to come to our house. When he was small, he would run to see me when I first arrived and give me a big hug.  When he was two, he and I tried lamely to manipulate the Wroblewski's can opener.  He sat on the kitchen counter and I stood next to him and we worked on it for a long time, we both looked so sadly at each other, because we failed.  He would come home from school and say many "Mom, you know what?" statements.  


But ooops, no, Henry is my favorite because he's quiet, and so helpful, likes to fish, and always is the first to say "Hi Grandma" out loud when we get together.  He is the grandchild who is most excited about Christmas.  He's a great bike rider.  He loves potato chips!!! 


Oh no, though, Eli is my favorite because he had to stay in the hospital awhile after he was first born, in the ICU.  He grew into a boy who loved to play with trains, and then loved dinosaurs, and reading (he finished the Harry Potter books before me), catching frogs and other critters, and building Legos too fast.  He is a whiz at math.

 But then I thought again, and have to say, Sydney is my favorite grand child because she is a pretty GIRL and also not a boy 😀.  She is a beautiful dancer, loves some of her dolls, keeps up with the boys, fibs with the best face I've ever seen, is learning to cook and sew, and is a great swimmer.  She is full of spunk and is a whiz at slime.


Wrong, it has to be Hughie who is my favorite grand child.  He is so easy to be with as he talks a blue streak.  He enjoys life to the fullest like no other boy I've ever seen.  He has great dance moves, loves to read graphic novels, and remembers facts and people for a long time.  He learned to play dominoes and then recited the rules verbatim out loud and blew me away.  He wonders about many things and might be an inventor when he grows up.


Oh my goodness, no it's Crosby who is my favorite. He could bounce a ball for many counts before he was 2!  He is into sports and I can't wait to sit in the stands and watch whichever one he plays.  He is good at everything and keeps up with his brothers.  He enjoys napping, like his mom.


But wrong again, it has to be Ellery who is my favorite because he has curly hair and reminds me of  his father (Greg) when he was a boy.  He is the best FaceTimer of all the grand children, so we get to talk to him more often and he is a very verbal fellow who loves diggers and playing outside.  He sure enjoyed his Grandpa Bob's little red convertible and tooting its horn. when he visited.



Now maybe, just maybe, there will be another grand child born, and if so it will be my favorite because it will probably be my last, so very special, and no doubt I will spoil him or her the best chance I get.  .

That was only my answer to question one.  I'll come back later for the other questions.

 

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."  Angela Schwindt


My biggest accomplishment will never be money. It'll be who I raised.  It was my only job for awhile and then I worked part time.  Love our three kids so much and am proud of each one of them.  They are loved by their spouses and family, what more could a person ever wish for?

 

46.  Second Skin by Christian White (an Audible I enjoyed).

47.  Alone With The Stars by David R. Gillham (Audible original re: Amelia Earhart)

48.  Certain Woman of an Age by Margaret Trudeau (another Audible original)

49.  Luster by Raven Leilani (It was on a bestseller list so I downloaded it for an Audible listen, and I didn't really care for the story, but I finished it anyway.)

50.  The New Husband by D. J. Palmer (a suspenseful thriller that kept me awake.  I will try this author again.)

51.  Girl Underwater by Claire Kells (I loved it)

52.  Where the Missing Go by Emma Rowley (good)

53.  Summer a Hideaway Key by Barbara Davis (a nice read, typical women's fiction)

54.  Daughters of the Lake by Wendy Webb (kind of unbelievable, hard for me to get into, but well written)







1 comment:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Oh I love this!!! So fun to hear the things that stand out to you about these small humans! I will show Sydney and she will be shocked that you say Charley first but then I know she will smile when she sees the trick you did by listing them all!