Friday, January 01, 2021

2020 Winding Down

We don't know if we are immune from getting COVID again.

We continue to wear masks, wash hands and social distance.  Our calendar doesn't have any social items on it. 

I miss seeing our kids and grand kids. I crave it.

 

Well today is January 1, 2021.  We are all waiting for the vaccine and still behaving properly (masks, no gatherings, etc.)  Zoomed with our kids and some grand kids last night.  Then later zoomed with our friends who we usually celebrate New Years Eve with.  Sad but special also. I want to end this post today so I can move on.  I'm going to try to see if I have any photos to share on this post.

 

Bob made a new decoration for our front yard.


 

I asked for something for our porch so he put lights on this old white elephant gift we'd received years ago.

 

 

My yellow/orange holiday cactus.

 

A "yummy" candle sent to us from the Gernady family.


 

 

All the grandchildren know that I hate playing Sorry, but I hung in there as they laughed and made me play, as long as I could give them a hug afterward.


 

A delicious stir fry that Bob made.  


 

A fun S.C. gift Bob received, licorice looking straws - win win.  With a cleaner!

 

69.  Always the Last to Know by Kristin Higgins (I loved it. Maybe suggest for Racy Readers someday).  Recommended by Sharon G.

70.  Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (I didn't like it and actually became "anxious" myself for the first half of the book.  Second half finally started to make me like the people, but then I was mixed up as to who was who.)

71. The Last Act by Brad Parks.  Different and I liked it.  Prison, cartel, Mexico, wives. 

72. Her Perfect Lies by Lana Newton (good and then just ended too quickly)

73. In an Instant by Suzanne Redfearn (I really enjoyed this book after getting through the first couple of chapters.  The perspective was amazing and different.)

74. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler (Joanne's pick in book club and I enjoyed it lots)


OK, that's it, over and out!  74 books in a year is the most I've ever read.  Onward to a hopefully normal year ahead.

 

 From Sarah:


START HERE 2021
I’m starting with love.
I’m starting with breath.
I’m starting with stretching my legs and flexing my feet that continually carry me despite the aches.
I’m starting with hand over heart.
I’m starting with forgiveness.
I’m starting with a clean slate.
I’m starting with a warm cup of tea and a crisp new page.
I’m starting with a tearful release.
I’m starting with wind on my face and gratitude on my lips.
I’m starting with eyes up not down.
That’s right, I’m not starting 2021 with a shaming ‘should’
An assessment
A scale
A goal
A diet
A motivational kick in the pants
Or an ultimatum
I’m far too precious, far too human, to be thrown under the New Year’s Resolution Bus that leaves me behind before I even begin.
I’m a living, breathing, lovingly flawed, wholly accepting, hopeful human being who refuses to be reduced to a number, commodity, or generic path.
I don’t want to go where the overcrowded bus is going.
I’ve been there, and it’s damaging and defeating.
Nope. This year calls for taking my own path—
Going at my own pace,
Stopping when needed,
Not missing the signs, people, and sights meant for me.
Today’s the first day of 2021,
And I’ve made it this far to confidently say,
Love is where I’m starting.
May it also be where I am going.
Love is the way in 2021.
© Rachel Macy Stafford 2021
Friends, how are you starting 2021? Given what you’ve experienced in 2020, is it different than the way you started in the past? There are no right or wrong answers. Whatever YOUR path is, feel free to share it here.



No comments: