Thursday, January 21, 2010

#2 of 52



Not all recipes are elaborate - some quick, just using what's on hand. I had leftover fresh blueberries, so....

Blueberry Smoothie
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
7 oz vanilla yogurt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice (I had a fresh lemon on hand)
2 Tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup ice

To make this quick free smoothie recipe, just simply place the blueberries into your blender, followed by the lemon juice, orange juice, vanilla extract, yogurt and finally the ice. Blend on full power for around 30 seconds. Serve at once. Serves 2. Perfect for a hot summer day. (We however, had it on a cold winter day, with brats, baked beans and a lettuce salad. Surprise-Bob liked it too!)

3 comments:

gschneider said...

That looks great. Very refreshing.

Teresa Budinko said...

Yummy!!!!

Krista Kennedy said...

That does look great. Oddly enough, I've always had difficulty making good smoothies, so I'll definitely give this a try! (And aren't all the best drinks purple? I think so, unless they are red.)