Also, sadly, we lost our amazing friend, Dion, between the two holidays. He fought pancreatic cancer for 22 months and I never heard him complain. "It is what it is" he said more than once, and his faith surrounded him. What an inspiration he was to his family and friends! We will miss him to the max, thinking of him always with smiles. Life goes on...
Ellery Neil Schneider-Bateman was born on December 10th while we were at Dion's wake. Liz had Ellery in the water with what seemed to be the perfect birthing story. They brought him home the same night and settled in with a new love in their life. We were able to get up to meet him when he was just over a week old - sleeping in Bob's arms.
35. The Dry by Jane Harper - finally finished, big ending, but did still left me hanging a bit, as in "what next?"
36. The Baker's Secret by Stephen P. Kiernan
37. The Mountain Story by Lori Lansens, very good, recommended by Pat P.
38. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley - I did not like it, but finished it anyway
39. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica - I loved it but want to re-read the ending
40. Lillian Boxfish Takes A Walk by Kathleen Rooney
41. Before the Fall by Noah Hawley (Bob and I listened to one together and at the end we just looked at each other, like, "long book to get to this ending").
42. The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve
Posting this late as I wanted to include more photos, but it's a work in progress, so I shall publish and say that 42 was not enough books in 2017.
These are my Grandma Ann Dorfler's dishes, every day or for special occasions, I don't remember, but I ate off of them many times. Trying to sell them on Craig's List but haven't written a good pitch (ad) so will have to redo it in 2018. No one else in the family wants them. There is no wording on the bottom of the dishes. Should I call them "vintage"?
No comments:
Post a Comment